How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the grandfather of a 13 month old girl and my daughter

Customer Question

Hello, I am the grandfather of a 13 month old girl and my daughter is 6 months pregnant she is non married but the father who's grandfather owns the property which my daughter lives in said she had to get out by the end of Feb 2017, He basically left her the first part of Dec 2016, Here is our biggest concern My daughter has a drug problem and is taking illegal suboxtone ! We have done everything to try to help her to no avail, I want to get the granddaughter away from both them She has got to the point where we are constanly trying to have someone there to make sure baby is fed and taken care of she is in a severe depression and says she doesn't even want to take care of her, Her family are all going there to keep tabs on baby but we are afraid that Child wefare will give her to the father who is nothing but trouble a violent temper and just lost his job for stealing he has a domestic volience charge against him. The fathers parents are both mental the father is a 5th of whiskey a day drinker Mother is mental from 30 years of abuse from husband I am sure they have all this on record. Would really like advise on what to do , my granddaughter is always clean very pretty room all the clothes she needs and the house is always clean , but emotionally she is changing wants us now will not go to her mother and other signs of emotional abuse are cropping up I am so so worried !! TYSM
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: ohio Frankin county
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO should we
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are upstanding people My wife and I teach school and never ever have broke any law , My Mother which is baby's great grandmother has bent over backwards to help her goes up 2 times a week and stays overnight Now she is stealing from whole family too! I have been keeping her too along with my other daughter ! She my granddaughter will not seek help at all her mind is like going elsewhere !
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

Would you rather have a phone call? This is a long question but I can answer it simply. I just want to make sure you understand what may be going on here and there are several issues.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

I'm not clear about one thing -- who is stealing from whom?

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

I will be stepping away from the computer for a little while. I'll check with you here later.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

I'm opting out because this has not been viewed in two days. Best of luck to you. Another attorney will answer your question.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 months ago.

New Expert here.

Has the father of the granddaughter established paternity? Are there any existing Court orders relating to the grandchild?

Can you convince your daughter to sign over temporary custody of your granddaughter to you?