How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have already filed two motions. 1. To take the parenting

Customer Question

I have already filed two motions. 1. To take the parenting class (as ordered by court) online. 2. To transfer the case to Austin, Texas. Its been 10 days that I have filed my motion. I call the court everyday but the court says it has not been ruled yet. I could not attend my first hearing ordered by court on 21st December. We are from Nepal and I do not have any property except a car that I just bought under a bank loan. I want the divorce to be finalised without travelling to New Hampshire. I am not in good health right now and I do not have a job right now. I am trying my best to get a job. I am living with a friend with his support for both food and accomodation.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Hi - sorry for the delay; I just saw this post.

Hopefully, the judge will find that your reasons for the transfer are legitimate and well-taken. If not, maybe the judge will agree to allow you attend hearings by phone or video conference.