How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ex is police officer we were married 17 years. He has stoped

Customer Question

Ex is police officer we were married 17 years. He has stoped working as a police officer . He moved to another state. His employer refuses to acknowledge QUARDO what do I do to get the monies from division of pension
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Divorce is from Savannah, Ga
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Holidays everyone out.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ion the final decree he is behind in child support, not suppose to leave state with out notice to my children. He has not reported his income correctly for past 3 years all of my refund has been applied to his bill can I get my money back
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is the reason that they are refusing to honor the QDRO? Is the employer where the pension is located in GA where the divorce was entered or is the employer in another state?
Have you ever filed a motion for contempt against him for the back child support?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Please stop opening brand new questions, please use the REPLY button here and tell us all the facts here and we will gladly answer you.