Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A DHS worker visited my home mid november but i refuse to…

Hello. A DHS worker...
Hello. A DHS worker visited my home mid november but i refuse to let her in. She filed A motion to compel cooperation but Dhs sent the papers in a day late and my court appointed attorney wont answer. I fear that they will arrest me now because they didn't inform me earlier and may possibly have my kids taken just for missing the court date. What do i do now?Please help!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll be checking back for the reply. Thank you
12/30/2016
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your situation.

You need to let them in now if you missed the Court date and the Court has granted DHS' Motion. That is, you should let the DHS worker in if the worker shows you a Court Order compelling you to cooperate with DHS. Otherwise, you should refuse to let the worker in.

Your Attorney should be cooperating with you and giving you directions. That's what the Attorney is there for. Otherwise, you could have represented yourself.

Best wishes,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My attorney is not returning my calls. Yes court papers came in to cooperate and I had to show up for court but the DHS worker signed to my case purposely sent the court papers in a day late for refusing to let her in.Now i may be arrested and have my kids taken

If your Attorney is not returning your calls, go to the Courthouse now and file complaint with the Court and ask to have emergency hearing in front of the Court for appointment of a new Attorney. Also, tell the Judge what happened with the DHS worker filing the papers late. So, you did not get the notice to appear in Court and tell he Court why you refused to let the DHS worker in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello again. My child's principal threatened to hold my son at school if i didnt sign papers saying he needs to be seen at a Crisis Response Center. This principal created a toxic and abusive environment for my child by forcing teachers to apply their body weight on him constantly sometimes with so much force, they ripped his pants(2 days in a row!). These actions caused my child to lash out and the principal used his reactions to force me to sign papers i didnt want to but did under duress. Isnt there a law against holding someone's child and forcing a parent to sign something they had no input on?

I am sorry, but I cannot answer your new question on this thread. The policy of this site requires that you post this new issue that you are having on a new thread. Your initial issue regarding DHS has been addressed and you need to give a positive to my answer so that I can receive credit from the site for responding to your post. That's the way I get paid on this site for answering questions. I answer questions on the site for a living and not as a hobby.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Happy New Year!

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law