How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mother with heroin addiction had children removed by

Customer Question

Mother with heroin addiction had children removed by Hamilton Co. OH, Children services. The case was open for approx. 2 yrs. The court awarded full custody of 1 child to an aunt. The aunt is to allow twice a month 4 hr. supervised visits. Mother missed her visit and was allowed the next day visit, but canceled that. She then wanted the aunt to take the child the following weekend to Cincinnati to visit her. The aunt said no. Now the mother is saying the aunt in inter fearing with her parental rights. Nothing in the paper work says the mother has parental rights. What does this mean?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The child lived in Cincinnati at the time she was removed from the mother's home. She now lives with the Aunt in Marion County, OH. As far as we know the mother is still using drugs.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 months ago.

Good evening. You said that the aunt is allowed twice a month 4 hr. supervised visits. Did you mean to say that the mother is allowed supervised visits twice per month?

Related Family Law Questions