How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Son's ex-wife is violating a court order to send my

Customer Question

Hi, my Son's ex-wife is violating a court order to send my Grandchildren to their father. He cannot afford an Attorney. Is there something he can do to let the Judge know she is in violation of his order for the 2nd time?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?
Customer: California, Contra Costa County
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: We went thru this with an Attorney when she did not send them this Summer. Now we don't have the money for one.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My Granddaughter is 13, soon to be 14. The Judge said she did not have to come next Summer but ordered that she come this holiday. My ex-daughter-in-law also claims my 10 year old Grandson has a fever but based on this pattern in the past we do not know whether to believe her or not. She does have an Attorney.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your son can file a motion to hold her in contempt of court for violating the order even if he doesn't have an attorney. First he could ask the court clerk's office for the forms to do this on his own OR he could contact a local legal aid office in his area to assist with filling out and filing the paperwork.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

He should be able to get this done fairly quickly with the forms and help from a local legal aid office.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The biggest problem is my Son lives in Texas.
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Even if he does live out of state, he should be able to get help from the CA legal aid offices if the case is pending there.
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!