Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
11182422

Can I hire a lawyer just for the children? Florida, No, But

Customer Question

Can I hire a lawyer just for the children?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No , But lately no one seems to care what all this is doing to the kids. They are only thinking about themselves.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time except they finally got to what they call their safe place and was taken away.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 9 months ago.

Good evening. What type of case does this involve, and what is your relationship to it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Grandmother and grandfather. When the kids finally came back to father decided to fight for cousty and the judge did not seen to care that they have really never lived with him and not it is okay for then to live in a2 bedroom townhose with 2 other kids and he just got 4 more.

Is the mother involved in this custody fight?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is almost 12am here and I have one to get to school tomorrow can we talk in the mourning?

Yes, whatever works for you, but we're almost done.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It Is almost 12am here can we talk in the mourning?

​I can tell you right now that it is permissible to hire an attorney to represent the children in either a family law or guardianship case (not sure in which type you have been involved -- that's where my questions are headed.) The attorney has certain ethical guidelines that would need to be discussed. For example, the attorney owes a duty of loyalty and confidentiality to the client only, not to the person paying the client's bills. So "yes" it is permissible.

​I will actually be in court in the morning, but I can be available tomorrow evening. If you need clarification, I will be glad to help you at that time. If this answers your question and you do not need clarification, please feel free to leave a rating once you are finished (it does not cost anything extra to do so and it is the only way I may be credited for my answers.) Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the mother is involde . Ty talk to you tomorrow . Worried about the kids.

Sounds good. Talk to you tomorrow evening.