Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My Question involved paternity testing. story short, I

Customer Question
My Question involved paternity...

My Question involved paternity testing. Long story short, I failed to attend in a timely manner my paternity hearing. I was found liable or the father if you will based on emails etc. I failed to object to this ruling in the time prescribed. I have since asked for DNA testing that I am willing to pay for but its been denied. Do I have any recourse? All im asking for is a DNA test. The mother and child live in Kansas but the state of Arizona took jurisdiction.

Lawyer's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the Family Lawyer to go over that information with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want the lawyer to know?

I currently pay child support

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
12/9/2016
Family Lawyer: mmdesq, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney

Good Afternoon:

I will try to best answer your question.

Yes, you could file a motion to request DNA testing and ask for a hearing before the court. I do not know what the ultimate outcome will be from the Judge as it is in his or her discretion.

I would suggest a better, faster and cheaper solution. To schedule a visit with the child and then go to local lab for a DNA test to be performed. If mother will not allow contact then you will need to file a complaint for custody to permit visitation.

If it were me I would try to schedule a visit. DO NOT tell Mother that you want to do DNA. You will likely need a copy of her birth certificate with you also to prove the identity of the child being tested. I would just tell Mother you want an opportunity to give your christmas gift and watch be opened.

If you get access to child but not leave with child just get a sample of child's hair from hairbrush for testing.

I hope this information and suggestion is helpful. Good luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what motion would I need to file in my case?

You can file a Motion for Special Relief n the nature of a request to allow paternity testing.

mmdesq
mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney