Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am filling out the divorce forms at completecase.com and…

Customer Question
I am filling out the...
I am filling out the divorce forms at completecase.com and it is asking about children. We have 1 child but neither of us have custody? How should i answer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
12/5/2016
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good morning Chris,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

When filling out your divorce petition, even though you may have a child of the marriage that is presently not living with either parent. you must still identify that child to the court as a child of the marriage.

If your child is not a ward of the state, but staying with relatives or friends, the court must still make custody orders relating to your child----even if it maintains the status quo.

But you must identify and provide information for each child of your marriage that is presently living.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you the best this holiday season and in the coming New Year!

Doug