How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I divorced my wife in 2008 IN mASSACHUSETTS. as part of the

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I divorced my wife in 2008 IN mASSACHUSETTS. as part of the divorce agreement, I was supposed to have my two sons on my health insurance. ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO MY HEALTH INSURANCE CHANGED AND MY EX-WIFE PUT THE TWO CHILDREN ON HER PLAN. a MONTH AGO SHE CONTACTED ME AND TOLD ME I OWE HER AROUNF $13,000 FOR THE PERIOD SHE HAD THE TWI BOYS ON HER INSURANCE. CAN SHE DO THIS?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO THANK YOU
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 8 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 8 months ago.

When your plan changed, were you not able to add your two children? When she added them to hers, did you not ask or speak about the cost?

Related Family Law Questions