How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31732
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are you a real human? :) How are you able to type that fast?

Customer Question

Are you a real human ? :)
JA: I'm an assistant to the Family Lawyer. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: How are you able to type that fast?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: GA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure where to start?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you'll let me know what your question is, I'll try to provide an answer. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Looking to claim Child Support payments for about8 years from ex Wife who works in Atlanta
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Is there currently a child support order in place?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Ok. Thanks.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

In 1997 the Georgia legislature added OCGA 9-12-60(d), which removed the statute of limitations for enforcing child support arrears. If your order was issued AFTER July 1, 1997 then you should have the right to seek recover of all of these funds. But, if your order is older than that, there are limitations.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Since there is a court order that the paying parent is in violation of, you should be able to file a motion to hold her in contempt of court for failing to pay as ordered, and ask the judge to require her to pay you as ordered. The judge should take steps to enforce the order as entered.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Related Family Law Questions