Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My dad and step mom have power of attorney of my five year

Customer Question
old daughter. I just found...
my dad and step mom have power of attorney of my five year old daughter. I just found out that my dad is getting charges pressed on him from my sister for mental and physical abuse. I want to get my daughter back but i dont know how to do that. They live in Texas and i want to do it the correct way
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? Have any charges been officially filed?
Customer: Im in Colorado and My dad and daughter are in texas.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. My sister is currently in a mental ward right now. They diagnosed her with serve PTSD due to my dad. It was reported to her doctor and psychiatrist. They are filing next week.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know how i can get my daughter back because i dont want her to live in that type of situation.
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/28/2016
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 12 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

A POA is revocable at any time by the person who gives it or it can terminate by its own terms.

If you gave a POA to take care temporarily of your daughter then you can just go and get her. Give them a letter stating that you revoke the POA. That is all you need to do.

Loren, Lawyer