Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have been seeing a gentleman that is married, but has not

Customer Question
had material relationship with his...
I have been seeing a gentleman that is married, but has not had material relationship with his wife in almost 2 years. Recently she stole his password ***** cell phone and went to a technician to get a printout of our messages and pictures for the last 6 months. Some pictures are intimate of myself. She is threatening to come to my house and beat me up. She follows me, she drives by my home and talks to my family and friends about me personally. What can I do legally to protect myself from harm and her distributing any photos? I don't know where to turn. She has a long history of physically and emotionally abusing her husband and is threatening to others.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/28/2016
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 11 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you documented this threats and reported them to the police?

No, trying to keep it quiet for my family and kids sake.

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, the only way to stop similar type of threats and also release of private / intimate photos is to report the situation to the police and also to hire a local attorney who can send a cease and desist letter to the woman who is making threats and distributing intimate photos and advise the woman to stop immediately or to face legal action.

If the woman continues engaging in the same conduct after she is served with the Cease and Desist letter, then your local attorney can file petition to seek a restraining order against this woman and also can help you pursue criminal charges for stalking / harassment / violation of privacy.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information /referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com

www.martindale.com

www.lawyers.com

www.legalmatch.com

When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.

I wish you the best of luck!

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law