How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been seeing and having my grandkids visit and stay

Customer Question

Hi, I have been seeing and having my grandkids visit and stay overnite with me when I go to visit and have our little family Christmas. There is a new case manager and she has decided that there can be no overnites and only visit with foster parent present. we have been doing this for 3 or 4 yrs now with out a problem. what can I do? I will be in town the 1st of Dec.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: this would be Iowa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I'm in Wis. and can't seem to find anyone that can help on this end.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that the parents have lost rights to 2 kids and the 3rd child will be done mid DEC
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 10 months ago.

Has a court issued an order regarding your visitation? If so, what did it say regarding overnights and supervision of visits?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no order has been issued..
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this is very short notice of my problem I know. I would like to just cancel my question and get my money back.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 10 months ago.

All right I'll opt out.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you.