How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I divorced my husband 5 yrs ago. Last yr he lost his job. i

Customer Question

I divorced my husband 5 yrs ago. Last yr he lost his job. i told him he could stay
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: sorry i sent and didnt finish
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he has been living here for a yr and didnt pay anything not even child support. he found a job about 3 months ago, but says he cannot leave because after child support is taken out there is not enough for him to live on. he just resently sad he is going to by a 1700 dollar computer for my daughter which she does not need i told him what about a used car for that much. Oh yes he has been using my car to get to work so i have to used my sisters for my part time job. he refuses to act like a man and get his own place and scrounge of me and not pay anything towards my bills. we have a daughter together so i have to be careful of what i say to him. how can i get him out of my apartment
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not know what to do. He does not listen to me and takes advantage. My family is very upset about this. i have an uncle that is paying my rent until i find full time work. my ex does not give me a dime to live here. i am at my wits end. i dont want him on the streets but he is working. How do i get him to man up and start taking thing seriously and get his own place?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Can you tell me what state this is in?


Was there ever any agreement for him to pay you rent?





Related Family Law Questions