How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband abandoned sometime in December 2016. I am a

Customer Question

My husband abandoned sometime in December 2016. I am a disabled person and I was at the time of abandonment. He has left all of our bills with me to pay and stills continues to take advantage of me. For instance while we have been estranged from each other, he continues to ask me for money. And comes over to my residence to utilize the washer and dryer and has been allowed to cook up my food. Then it goes on to the present where he has accumulated over $2000 of debt to me. Somehow he thinks he is justified to olny pay me back at $100 per time. Doesn't seem right to me. Can you educate me as well as offering viable solutions in an area that covers The greater metropolis of Eugene and Springfield, Oregon. Thank you for any assistance you might have and/or recommendations based upon your legal experience.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you filed for divorce and sought spousal support and a court order to reimburse you? Have you gotten a local attorney yet to represent you or legal aid?