Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband abandoned sometime in December 2016. I am a

Customer Question
disabled person and I was...
My husband abandoned sometime in December 2016. I am a disabled person and I was at the time of abandonment. He has left all of our bills with me to pay and stills continues to take advantage of me. For instance while we have been estranged from each other, he continues to ask me for money. And comes over to my residence to utilize the washer and dryer and has been allowed to cook up my food. Then it goes on to the present where he has accumulated over $2000 of debt to me. Somehow he thinks he is justified to olny pay me back at $100 per time. Doesn't seem right to me. Can you educate me as well as offering viable solutions in an area that covers The greater metropolis of Eugene and Springfield, Oregon. Thank you for any assistance you might have and/or recommendations based upon your legal experience.
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/26/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 12 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you filed for divorce and sought spousal support and a court order to reimburse you? Have you gotten a local attorney yet to represent you or legal aid?
Ely, Counselor at Law