Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My father passed away late Thursday night. During his life

Customer Question
he remarried in 2007(?) but...
My father passed away late Thursday night. During his life he remarried in 2007(?) but had been separated since 2010. He never divorced her; he wanted her to divorce him. She never did. They were married in Georgia, but separated while living in Atlanta. What are the Alabama laws for abandonment?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/26/2016
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you. My condolences for your loss.

Did your father leave a last will?

Was there a legal separation issued by the court?

there is a last will....we ( the children and my mother) can't find it. And no.....I believe she just left...to work to work for the post office in Puerto Rico.
Ely, Counselor at Law