How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117358
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We had a report filled against us for shelter a marjuana

This answer was rated:

we had a report filled against us for shelter a marjuana grow in the basement. they showed up we denied them entry we rescheduled they talked with the father he claims there is an open negligence case and will be talking with the case worker mon -wed the scheduled walk through is thursday she never actually confirmed the time but said the day works fine. the kids are at ther fathers for the week. we scheduled the walk thru two weeks from when they showed up> do you think they will get a warrant and show up earlier? the complaint was for a marijiuana grow in the basement. the father claims that the social worker reccomended that he keep the kids till the case is closed & is refusing to return the kids kepping them from going to school they are 4 &6 years old. we suspect he the father is the one who made the complaint.
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: califonia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: he never called back great lawyer huh
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what are my rights in reguards to refusing a drug test if asked to give one?


Sorry. I did not realize this incident did not take place in the US. I will opt out and see if anyone here can answer this according to Mexican law.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Until the social workers decide that the place is safe for the child to reside, they will not allow the child to return to the residence and will not want the child in the residence. You would need to work with social workers to either remove the grow operation or secure the operation so that the child cannot access the grow area. As far as drug testing, if it is legal for you to grow and possess marijuana, even if you do test positive that is not grounds to legally remove the child from your care.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have come into quite a bit of a different circumstance now, my fiance is being detained for attempted murder(not guilty) and my kids are still not with me. They are with their father still and how long do i have to file in the county which they have been living before they are then residents of the county he inhabits? They have been gone almost three weeks now, we are in california.
Thank you for your new question/
Perhaps you do not understand how this service works, mainly because the site does not do a good job of explaining it. You received assistance previously, you made a deposit, but because you failed to leave positive feedback for the expert who assisted you and because the experts are not site employees, the expert got no credit for the time spent with you. Please leave positive feedback as this is a brand new question and will need to be treated as such. Failure to leave positive feedback, which many customers do not know, can impair their ability to get information in the future.
Thank you for understanding.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117358
Experience: Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you