Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am trying to find Citizen Request for Doe forms. can yo

Customer Question
I am trying to find...
I am trying to find Citizen Request for John Doe forms. can yo help me find them?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the DA refused to charge him with rape, even tho he was 45 and she was 16 and she became pregnant. the child is totally dependent on everyone. she was born with only 5% of brain. anyway they do have a dna match that it is him that is the father
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that is it for now. i was told to do a Citizen Request for John Doe proceeding does that make sense?
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/23/2016
Family Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 12 months ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there --

-

I have been an attorney for 20 years and I have never heard of such forms or such a proceeding in a potential criminal matter. Under the circumstances, if your local DA refuses to issue criminal charges against this person and you believe that there is enough evidence to do so, the best course of action here is for you to report the matter to the Wisconsin Attorney General's office -- the Attorney General is the chief law enforcement officer in the state and if they look over the matter and determine that charges should be filed, they will either take the case away from the local DA office OR they will order the local DA office to charge the person with the crime of rape. Under the circumstances you are best served if you write a letter to the Attorney General and also contact your state representatives to the Wisconsin legislature. Here is a link to the Wisconsin Dept of Justice / Attorney General Office -- http://www.ncjp.org/wisconsin You can find your local representative's contact information by doing a search with your county, state and the search terms "Wisconsin state representative". Finally, generally speaking, there really is no way for a private citizen to bring criminal charges against another citizen -- the only thing you can do is put pressure on the local and state authorities to take up the case against this man and prosecute him for his criminal acts.

-

Please let me know if you have further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the star rating section before leaving the website so that I will be given credit for assisting you today? I do not receive credit for giving you my assistance unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star above. I genuinely appreciate it !! And, Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving !!!

-

MARY

Family Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 11 months ago

Hello there --

-

I note that you viewed my answer above a few days ago and have not asked any additional questions. If you have further questions on this issue can you please let me know what those questions are? If you have no additional questions, can you please press a positive rating in the RATING section above these messages on your screen? I am paid nothing by Just Answer and I am given absolutely no credit for helping you and answering your question unless you press a positive rating in the rating section above. So long as you press the middle rating button or the fourth or fifth rating button to the right of the middle rating button, Just Answer will pay me and give me credit for assisting you with this question and answer session. THANK YOU VERY MUCH and BEST WISHES FOR A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON !!

-

MARY

Legalease
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer