How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33404
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Because of a child custody payment issue with a another

Customer Question

Because of a child custody payment issue with a another child, I was put in jail for a brief time. During that time, my 4 children - ages 9, 7, 3, 2, were put in foster care. Their mother, my ex-wife, does not have custody of the kids. She is only to have supervised visits.
Now, that I've been out and done everything I am supposed to do, I still cannot have my children back and no one can tell me why. In the meantime, the foster parent is doing and making decisions without my knowledge and CPS does nothing about it. And, my ex-wife is having unsupervised visits that is against the court order, and again, CPS does nothing. My kids are sleeping on the floor, not going to the doctor when they need to, and, are being physically and mentally abused. CPS does nothing and I cannot do anything about it.
I have had all my rights taken away from me and I need to know what to do!! Can you please help me?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 8 months ago.

The experts here don't actually represent customers, we just provide information and answer questions. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Does CPS have the authority to ignore a court order?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 8 months ago.

No. If there is a court order issued then CPS must follow it just as a party must follow it. Otherwise they could be held in contempt.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. I had asked for a refund from paypal because I didn't see where you answered my question. My husband was not happy at all that I did this so I promised him I would try to retract it. I apologize for that!
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 8 months ago.

I can ask customer service to assist as well, but I want to make sure I understand. You asked for a refund because you didn't see an answer but now that you have seen that I answered you would like for the website to issue a Positive Rating, correct?

Also, if that is correct, di you have any additional questions?

Related Family Law Questions