Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What is waiver of service and consent to guardianship mean

Customer Question
to person being ask to...
what is waiver of service and consent to guardianship mean to person being ask to sign?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: arkansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: grandmother attempting to get guardianship
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: lot of family conflict about who cares for children
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/22/2016
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 12 months ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

A Waiver of Service means that you agree to not have to be personally served with a court Petition or lawsuit, and allow the court to still order a judgment in the case.

A Consent to Guardianship once signed means that you are giving your consent to the court to award legal guardianship to the party who is asking the court for that guardianship appointment.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law