How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41625
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-wife and I are both agreeing to a reduction in my

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: My ex-wife and I are both agreeing to a reduction in my child support. But I cannot make clear sense of the forms to be filled out and how / where. It's so confusing.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. What are the fees?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

You will need two things and you are going to draft them.

An agreed petition to modify child support and the agreed order modifying child support.

You need both parties to sign both motion and order here in Florida and the court will sign off on it.These aren't premade here you will have to craft your own.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Petition with instructions.

See this part



If the respondent files an answer that agrees with everything in your supplemental

petition or an answer and waiver,and you have complied with

mandatory disclosureand filed all of the

required papers, you may call the clerk, family law intake staff, or judicial

assistant to set a final hearing.

You must notify the other party of the hearing by using a

Notice of Hearing (General), Florida Supreme

Court Approved Family Law Form 12.923, or other appropriate notice of hearing


Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

More from the above reference

Settlement Agreement

, if you have reached an agreement on any or all of the issues.


















settlement agreement using the pertinent sections contained in

Marital Settlement Agreement

for Dissolution of Marriage with Dependent or Minor Child(ren)

, Florida Supreme Court

Approved Family Law Form


Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

I would draft an agreed order of of this and rename it

(b) Supplemental Final Judgment Modifying Child Support - 03/2015

This is as close as I can come here to premade forms.You may also want to go by and see the clerk and buy a copy of an agreed order and draft off of that.

I sent you an offer for additional services I can read and comment on your documents once you have them drafted.Thanks again.

Related Family Law Questions