How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

DAughter involved with a child custody case .......... judge

Customer Question

DAughter involved with a child custody case .......... judge Gorcyca ...... could not have gone more wrong......... she never got to explain. How ever .... she has to come up with 20000 or be put in jail . she is out of work ..... she was told she has to come up with the money or be put in jail. What can she do???? Does not make sense .... if in jail ....... not working and can never come up with the money. We do not have it ... of course if we did we would not want her in jail. What can we do. We are on a fixed income .......... my husbad has PD and we are heart broken.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Why does she have to pay $20,000? Why is there a custody issue, what is going on?
Have you contacted legal aid for your daughter and also the state bar pro bono program?