How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerDavid Your Own Question
LawyerDavid, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 376
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawyerDavid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i file a motion to vacate default judgement in the

Customer Question

How do i file a motion to vacate default judgement in the state of Wyoming?is it possible to.file a motion to be present from another state?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 10 months ago.

Hello: yes, it is possible to file a motion to vacate from another state. For this motion, you will want to mail it in and make sure you give reasons for your not appearing for the case. You will need to appear for the hearing, but prepare the motion and mail it in and mail a copy to the attorney that filed the case. If the default judgement was filed a long time ago you may be too late but it is worth trying. Google "motion to vacate default judgement" to get examples. All the best, David