Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What is a proper way to answer to a summons concerning

Customer Question
termination of parental rights?...
What is a proper way to answer to a summons concerning termination of parental rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
11/21/2016
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Is this being made by the other parent?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is. Mt ex is trying to take my son away after keeping him from me for over a 1 year now.

I am sorry to hear this;

basically one needs to file a response, refuting the allegations and the grounds (grounds are listed in statute here)

examples of cases are here:

https://www.courts.state.wy.us/Documents/CJP/TrainingDocs/Handout_2013LawUpdate.pdf

also please see this attorney guide:

https://www.courts.state.wy.us/Documents/CJP/Publications/Practice_Guidelines_for_Attorneys_Representing_Parents_in_Abuse_Neglect_and_TPRs.pdf

It is best to hire an attorney as the response is not a standard form but rather needs to be custom drafted; a party can request that the other parent pay legal fees if they are financially more well off.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so I was wrong it was a petition for readoption of my son. I have not lost or had my parental rights terminated. So how is it they are even considering a readoption without a terminations of rights?

Per code 1-22-109, both parents' consent is required; this can be obtained prior to, or during, an adoption proceeding; so presumably the adoption papers are being filed, and during that process a request is being made for consent/termination. The unwilling parent can object as it is their constitutional right to do so.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer