How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to collect child support but father moved to GA some

Customer Question

trying to collect child support but father moved to GA some years ago, Child support has GA address but can not find him with SS#. I know he is working but don't know where. He may even be using a different SS# ***** why can't Child support service locate him with his SS#? What can I do If anything ? I filed a petition Violation already?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Originated in NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NYS Child support service is monitoring and distributed the support. I filed a petition violation in june
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he did not respond I have to go back in Dec.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific want to know if you can force child services to track down the father?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want to know what can be done I thought Child support is suppose to help enforce the collection on support. What can I do if anything to force them to track him or what can I personally do being that we are in two different sates. GA child support says that I personlal can't do anything, are they right ?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

You can contact customer support at 1(###) ###-####and they can fix this. Let me know when you have