How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child's father has full custody of him right now because

Customer Question

Hello, My child's father has full custody of him right now because at the time I was on drugs and going through some things. I gave him temporary custody so I could get myself together. He then went and got permanent custody. Now even after me trying to see my child and provide for my child, he has prevented me from seeing him plus went down to file child support. I want my child back. I need him. Please help. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I don't want to lose my job while fighting this
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He went and filed child support last week I believe. I only found out because he sent me a message online on facebook He keeps harassing me. Him and his new baby mom
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm a recovering addict. I live with my cousin who has been helping keep me on track.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What are you asking exactly? For example:

1) What form do I file to modify custody for the child and possibly get custody again?

2) What factors does the court consider in such a petition?

3) Etc.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.