How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41027
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife left the house with my child. I was at work at the

Customer Question

My wife left the house with my child. I was at work at the time. She also had help with moving everything out. I figured she went to her mother's house but it was actually her aunts but I'm not sure they have not communicated with me at all I have texted every day twice a day and never get a reply also when I went to her aunts house they locked the door when all I did was knock on it and they told me to go away. Her mom said my wife was at the sheriff's office but did not tell me why I am guessing filing a police report or getting a tpo. The very last thing she said was if I don't leave she was going to call the police. Me and my wife have been going through a lot because I found out after being overseas for 6 months she had an affair with two different men. She told me after she gets pregnant by me and she is 8 months but I decided to forgive and we had been going to marriage counseling . Also I have not been served anything yet and idk if they actually did file anything but I just don't know what to do I want to see my daughter. I know they might go to church today and I was just going to kind of showed up to show my love for them. But the night before she left we had an argument and she ended up leaving walking down the road at night 8 months pregnant and I had to call the police bc I could not find her so they get her and we just told them we had a little argument and they left and me and her made up or at least I thought. What do I do. I live in ga
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't know I have not been served and it's going on 3 days
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

Her you really need a local divorce lawyer to file for divorce.You have rights to see your child and have her for visitation.Your wife here has been planning this awhile.You have to understand she may have been playing you here, she may have another life away from you and be involved with them.

You have to quit contacting them here, it is clear they aren't going to talk to you, consider a lawyer to file for divorce and to assert your rights in all of this.I understand you want to try and make it work, but it takes two here to do so and its pretty clear she isn't interested in that.You can always drop the divorce if you reconcile.

If you file here, it is possible to let it pend and see if she decides to try and make it work.To me its pretty clear she doesn't want to be married to you anymore.Sorry to be blunt here.Please don't shoot the messenger.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more followup.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

In the State of Georgia, if you want to end your marriage

, you must file a Petition for Divorce in the Superior Court. After a court grants your divorce and issues a Final

Judgment and Decree of Divorce, you will be legally able to remarry.

All the forms and self help are her.I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.You have rights here including right to see your child.You may want to have court do a paternity test , thats always a good idea to verify you are the father.

I wish you the best here.It was my pleasure to help you.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

Let me know if you have more follow up.