How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2157
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through a divorce. I am rather confident my soon

Customer Question

I am going through a divorce. I am rather confident my soon to be ex-husband is hiding a great deal of his income. He is self employyed and often gets pain cash. He was cort ordered to present his financial papers from the past 3 yeasr. He finally did this, but the papaers he gave me oare meaning less without knowing details of what the money he recieved was for and what the mone he paid out was for. Are there options for getting a clearer picture of this prior to our divorce? He was audited once by the IRS, but they did not pursue it, as there was too much useless information to try to decipher.
JA: The fraud examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the fraud examiner should be aware of?
Customer: How would i go about hiring someone
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
pardon the typos.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute, type your answer and then I’ll be right back. I promise I haven’t disappeared but am working on your answer.

What state is this in? Thanks!

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 9 months ago.

Opting out.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.
I am sorry to hear that. Such tactics are very typical unfortunately. You can hire a forensic accountant who can do more deep diving of his finances and provide expert testimony.