How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7415
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I need to do to perform a deposition in Arizona in

Customer Question

What do I need to do to perform a deposition in Arizona in my custody case and how do I get the other party to show up? Can I record it myself?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

Arizona has a specific rule for taking depositions in family law cases. It is far too lengthy to summarize in this format. You can find the text of the rule here:

As far as recording it yourself, see section B-4.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
from what I'm reading, I don't have to subpoena someone for a deposition if they're a party to the case...just give 10 days notice....and that if it is going to be done by means other than a court recorder it has to be agreed upon by both parties. Correct?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

Yes, that's also the way I read it. If the other party still refuses to attend after notice, then you have to file a motion to compel and obtain an order for the appearance.