How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29781
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If the final divorce decree ha mistakes and errors or is not

Customer Question

If the final divorce decree ha mistakes and errors or is not using the rulings from the Florida Bar Association is there anything a divorcee can do after the final judgement has been given?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The closing on the home appears to have unethical action, such as prolonging contempt orders and rushing orders to compel. The Title company advise seller with the wrong information and with held documents at the closing.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Either party has the ability to file a Motion for Relief from Judgment if there appear to be mistakes in it, including typographical errors. Florida Rule 1.540. You can also cite inadvertence when mentioning the laws that the judge overlooked.

The motion must be filed within one year of the date the judgment is entered. Filing the motion won't stay the divorce decree automatically, but you have the ability to file a Motion to Stay at the same time.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Do you have any other questions about this?