How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need a lawyer who understands the law in Colorado about When

Customer Question

Need a lawyer who understands the law in Colorado about
When both parents of a child die... and that child goes to a family but the family cannot take the child for financial and other reasons ... child welfare tried to force them into court and only told them about foster care maintenance fee after the relatives said they won't take custody so we need an expert in child welfare responsibilities, right now this child is 11 and lives with a family who is financially strapped, even with the father working many over time hours per month.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 months ago.

I am a little confused.

What is you relationship to the child?

Do you want custody?

Are you asking how to get custody, how to get financial assistance, or something else.

Did either parent leave a Will?

Is the custodian getting the child's Social Security survivor's benefits? Was either parent a military veteran?

Related Family Law Questions