How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102146
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son in laws ex wife has blocked him( phone) from her

Customer Question

My son in laws ex wife has blocked him( phone) from her phone and from their two sons phones and he is unable to talk to them. He is trying to make arrangements for his upcoming weekend when he knows his son has athletic commitments and what to ensure that his son is able to make those commitments and when to pick him up. What can he do when the divorce decree says that he must have access to his sons at all rimes via phone, but she blocks his calls?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: police reports on other matters when she has tried to withhold visitation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yhey used to have a great relationship until she remarried and he started clawing the shots. In fact she (ex) visited them in the hospital when they had their 1st child.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
He can file a Motion for Enforcement by Contempt under Tx. Fam. Code Ch. 157:
This is how the court handles parties that do not follow orders. If found in contempt, she may be:
-admonished (yelled at by the Judge)
-made to pay for his costs in bringing the motion, and/or
-even jailed for repeated/brazen/malicious contempt actions.
So a warning to her to do so, or, simply filing the motion would be his relief.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Related Family Law Questions