How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2182
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the primary custodial parent of my children. My

Customer Question

I am the primary custodial parent of my children. My exhusband moved out of state over the summer. Thanksgiving is his holiday this year and he was to have the children Wednesday before at 6pm until the Sunday after at 6pm. He also must provide me with 1 weeks written notice of taking them out of state. I was nice and since the kids are out of school the entire week I gave hi. The we
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Am I. Georgia. I gave him Sunday to Sunday but allowed Saturday to Sunday due to flights. Then he forgot to give me 1 weeks written notice which he overnighted to me and I should receive tomorrow and they fly Saturday. Now he calls me to if
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Then he calls me tonight and asks my kids to fly without hi. But his parent wwhom WW He wants them to fly with his parents whom are not I. The children lives actively at all. What do i do? I am not comfortable with any of this.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The ft The father routinely violates our agreements. His wages had to be garnished. He is behind in child support and spousal. He regularly. Loses our insurance coverage. He violates the divorce e agreement all the ton
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need to know what I need to do to protect me and my children. I follow all the agreements as our divorce states. He failed to give me the one week written notice and now he wants the children to fly without him but with his parents who are no actively in the children's lives. They live 6 miles away and do not contact my children unless dad is in town. Also the written notice that will actually only one days notice is now wrong because he cannot get here to fly with the children as I specified so there is no written notice of the children flying out of state with the grandparents. I just want to know what is legally best to protect all of us. What if I let them fly with the grandparents without written notice anc they take them? What happens then? Am I then powerless to getting my kids. This is very upsetting.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

I can understand your frustration. You could file an emergency motion to enforce your divorce decree but it is unclear whether you could get this heard in time. I think judges like to see the parties work through these types of issues on their own. The unpaid child support and insurance are separate and you should seek to enforce those obligations. If the parents were to take the kids somehow you would have a criminal case for kidnapping against them.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.