How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Peral I am reading the Article can I ask you question after

Customer Question

Hi Peral I am reading the Article can I ask you question after reading Article
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the lawyer to go over that information with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him or her to know?
Customer: Are you in Georgia ?
JA: No. I'm the family lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: ok I haven't file divorce but just gathering info is this free consultation
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a question or do you just want general information about divorce laws in Georgia?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Cal,I married in India and currently we both are working in USA for last 5-6 years. We are USA residence and not citizenIf we take divorce in GA, usa, is this only valid in usa? If we go back to India after usa divorce, can she open another divorce case in India?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 9 months ago.

No, as long as both parties appear in the divorce case in the US, India should recognize the validity of the US divorce under the doctrine of comity.

"The key rule laid by the Supreme Court can be summed up as follows: If a couple is married under Hindu law, (a) the foreign court that grants divorce must be acceptable under Hindu law; and (b) the foreign court should grant divorce only on the grounds which are permissible under Hindu Law." from page 4 of

Please let me know if this does not answer your question prior to rating my answer.

I hope this information is helpful.