S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

I am in the process of a divorce. Medina municipal court has

Customer Question

I am in the process of a divorce. Medina municipal court has ordered that me and my wife use family wizard to communicate so the guardian can monitor our conversations after signing up with the web site. I found out in order to continue the subscription they are charging 199.00 for the service. I am unable to afford that at this time and am past the 10 days that the court ordered. Is this enforceable in a civiil action. and if so what are the consequences
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I initially had a lawyer but had to let him go due the the extreme cost. and am now representing myself in court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all for now
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 8 months ago.

First of all, there are a few options. If you or your ex is low income, I've heard that Family Wizard can reduce or waive fees.

Second. this would not be subject to a separate civil action, but you could be found in contempt in this case. What you may want to do is file a motion requesting an extension so you can raise the money for the account. Is there some point in the reasonably near future that you could afford the account?

If you won't be able to afford the account, rather than waiting to be accused of contempt, you may want to go to court and ask for a modification based on your inability to comply with this order. Has your ex already signed up though?