Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husbands ex-wife keeps making allegations against him and

Customer Question
I. For example, we filed...
My husbands ex-wife keeps making allegations against him and I. For example, we filed to have child support adjusted since his then 7 year old son was no longer in daycare and my husband got out of the military so his income changed. She then filed that we were "unfit parents" and wanted supervised visits. SHE also filed for restraining order that was denied by the court. We then hired a lawyer. We also hired a GAL to come to both of our homes to prove that her allegations were false. When the GAL reports came back in our favor she called DCS on us. That report came back with no findings. She then filed for another restraining order which was again denied by the courts. She had also contacted my friends to tell them my husband is abusive. Which is also false. We were suppose to go to court but we decided to mediate instead. We also have a mediator that we are suppose to use now. Now in the past week she called animal control on us and DCS again. I'm thinking about filing for harassment. Can I do that? Do I have a case?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
11/17/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear that. My suggestion would be to file for contempt in the court that modified the child support order.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer