Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I need help. I had a trustee refinance my home illegally

Customer Question

I need help. I had a trustee refinance my home illegally falsified POA documents
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: MD
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I filed a petition in orphans court. Now they investigate said it was suspicious activity. At the time I didn't have the money to retain a lawyer but I do
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I need a real estate law and criminal defense
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You should not only be retaining a local attorney if they did this, but you need to file a complaint with the local District Attorney, as forgery is a criminal offense and they can criminally charge the trustee. That is the first step here.
Second step is you need to retain a local civil consumer protection law attorney and you can get one near you at the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.superlawyers.com
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.