Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My sister has mental illness, she is severely depressed, she

Customer Question
lost her daughter to DCF...
My sister has mental illness, she is severely depressed, she lost her daughter to DCF last week and committed a crime of theft. I was also told by my mother she has schizophrenia. I need help getting gaurdianship in kansas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have not, I really don't have a lot of money, but I need to start somewhere.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ok
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
11/16/2016
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You will need to retain an attorney in the county and state were your sister resides and file a Petition to be Appointed as her Legal Guardian. A legal guardianship is not a do it yourself kind of thing. It is complex and you will need a psychiatrist to assist in proving her incompetency before the court will grant you legal guardianship.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. You can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law