How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I live in Florida and my ex lives in Colorado with my

Customer Question

If I live in Florida and my ex lives in Colorado with my kids do I need a Colorado lawyer to sue him to force him to split airfare costs for the kids to visit me?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question! I am working on your answer. This service is for information only. I cannot give you legal advice. Please stand by!

Expert:  originallawyer replied 10 months ago.


You would need to hire a lawyer in the state where your original order was granted. So if your court order is from the state of Colorado, you would need a Colorado lawyer, and the same if the order was granted in Florida, you'd need a Florida attorney.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A court order meaning the divorce order? We never had a child custody order.
Expert:  originallawyer replied 10 months ago.

I need some clarification:

1) Were you married and is there a divorce decree?

2) If there is a divorce decree, does the divorce decree discuss custody?