Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I had a lawyer counsel me that on Nov. 1 my hearing date she

Customer Question
Hi, I had a lawyer...
Hi, I had a lawyer counsel me that on Nov. 1 my hearing date she would request to have my hearing moved until January of 2017. In court the judges asked her three times what she wanted from her (the judge) today. My lawyer had 3 chances to request the hearing date be moved to January as we had planned all along and began moving forward with the case knowing we did not have the evidence yet. She also did it unilaterally without consulting me. The judge was annoyed with my lawyer and stated she would render her judgment by mail in my belief as to not humiliate my lawyer any further in open court. Now she wants to charge me again to do my case over.
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Californina, I'm on disability caring for my disabled daughter living on less than half of my salary and I wanted decrease or stop paying alimony,
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, did you read my first text?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what can I do my lawyer sabotaged my case.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
11/14/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. In a situation like this, you want to make the attorney aware that she failed to act in your best interest and as a result, there is no additional delay and she failed to act/perform as agreed, in regard to asking for a continuance, so the date can be moved. If she recognizes this, she should not be charging you for HER error and if she is and there are issues, you can file a complaint against her with the Bar, if her actions prejudiced you and she was not prepare and did what she was hired for.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer