How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Template for temporary custody in Pennsylvania for minor

Customer Question

Template for temporary custody in Pennsylvania for minor child
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
First off, I do appreciate you are trying to save money on an attorney, but what you are seeking to do in PA cannot be done without an attorney, because it is going to involve a court ordered guardianship. This is not just someone visiting you for a short time and all you need is a temporary guardianship notarized and signed by a parent (see:
The form above will not be what you need and in order to get a court guardianship, which is legally what you need, you need an attorney representing you, because the court will want an attorney involved to protect the rights of the child. Also, a court guardianship prevents her from coming back next month and simply taking a child, as the form above allows that she can take the child and cancel the agreement whenever she feels like it. Finally, most hospitals and even health insurers and schools will not take the temporary guardianship form above, they will require a court order of guardianship.
So while you may want to use the form at the link above, it is not appropriate for what you want to do and you really need a local attorney to file a petition of guardianship and get the court to issue the guardianship order.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.