Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I got my divorce in Alabama 10/27/2016 and I've lived in

Customer Question
Mississippi for the last 2...
I got my divorce in Alabama 10/27/2016 and I've lived in Mississippi for the last 2 years. How long do I have to wait to get married in Mississippi?
JA: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here...
Customer: I'm also staying in Texas with my girlfriend while she works. What is the waiting period to get married in Texas? Or to be common law married?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I did
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Divorced in Alabama. Live in Mississippi. Work in Texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
11/14/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

If your divorce is final then there should be no waiting in Any any of those dates

Alabama has a 60 day waiting period. Mississippi does not have one and in Texas you have to wait 30 days for a marriage license

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer