Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I live in Georgia and would like to know how i file a Motion

Customer Question
to Vacate child support Arrears JA...
I live in Georgia and would like to know how i file a Motion to Vacate child support Arrears
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: GEORGIA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
11/13/2016
Family Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

If the child support order was entered against you based on your default, you can file a motion to set aside based on the default. Here is the form:

http://www.flcourts.org/core/fileparse.php/533/urlt/922c.pdf

Please let me know if this answers your question.

My apologies, I meant to pull the GA forms. . . Let me see if I can find it, as that form was for a different state.

GA has quite a few different court specific forms. Can you specify which court in GA you are in?

AttyHeather
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer