How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ronna, Well I just ended up getting bullied by the police

Customer Question

Hi Ronna,
Well I just ended up getting bullied by the police officers. Needless to say I am still putting the response and requests together having gathered evidence.. but i am wondering.. Is an allegation of prostitution, coupled with an ad identifying that someone would perform an affection based massage, by select process and on a mutual basis, .. during business or time when child is away from home,.. does that constitute immediate harm or injury for a temporary request to be granted alone, ..
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 11 months ago.

Hello again! I tried getting in touch with you but once the other question was closed here I wasn't able to open it up on my end. I hope you're doing okay.

Geez, I'm sorry the police officers are doing this. It just doesn't end.

Did you ever get in touch with any attorneys other than LegalAid? I know you were disappointed with L.Aid.

What is the exact "charge" that is being alleged, and in what court?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no charge yet.. just preparing my response and request to set aside the motion. I just want to make sure that I word it right when responding to the allegation. .because,. despite what I was offering service for, .which i admitted to the ad belonging to me, which is the ground the commissioner granted the temporary orders.. I just want to make sure I understnad that the allegation itself doesnt cover the disclosure of immediate harm or injury when using the precedence that the required disclosures were not provided her ca rule of court 5.151.. which allows status quo to be restored. however the civil code 2122 allows for set aside of judgement based on fraud, perjury , duress, or improper disclosure.. but if referes to a section that discusses aassets and liabilities in divorces.. not necessarily the ex parte request.. I may just need to keep poking around the codes
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 11 months ago.

I think you will want a Calif. attorney for this one. These codes are specific to Cal. and you may want to discuss this with a Cal. attorney. There are some Cal. attorneys here. These are specific parts of the statute that I am not familiar with. I can discuss your motion papers,etc. but not the parts of the code itself. I wish I could help you there but I'm unfamiliar with those because I know the NY ones, where I'm licensed.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 11 months ago.

I think it's best for me to opt out on this one so that you can ask your question but make sure you indicate at least some kind of background -- you know, what's going on here and that this is family law related. Okay? I wish I could help you with this but I don't feel comfortable doing that when it comes to the statutes.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 11 months ago.

Are you okay with that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sure.. I understand completely. Yes, I wish I could afford an attorney, it seems like its a state of bidding for babies.. everyone puts a high price on helping somone out of a situation wher legal fees can be awarded.. not that it makes them pay but,.. it just seems like being left to fend for ones self, if I dont have 5K to get started with an attorney. so I should pose the questions to the forum them?
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I would suggest that. Ask for a Cal lawyer so that you get one, otherwise you'll get someone from other states, like me. I can help you with an underlying family action but when it comes to specific Cal. codes, I can't do that, so you're going to want to ask for a Cal lawyer specifically.

I'll opt out here. Just let me know how you're doing! There may be other things I can help you with. Be well!