How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have been married for 9 years. I have a

Customer Question

My husband and I have been married for 9 years. I have a history of alcoholism which is no longer the issue. He may be seeking a divorce because he thinks I am abusing prescription medication. We have a house and three young children. If he seeks divorce would he have the higher hand on keeping my/our kids because that would devistate me and I am really scared.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no because the conversation hasn't come up yet but if it does I need to know what to to do so I can keep my children
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this a free consult?
JA: The family lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: I can't pay right now. I will do my research but thank you
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry, I didn't see where you had withdrawn the request. I'll opt out.

Related Family Law Questions