How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hired an attorney in Illinois to represent me in a suit

Customer Question

I hired an attorney in Illinois to represent me in a suit for Grandparent rights. When we went to court he was totally unprepared, did not recall the facts of my case and made a serious blunder in Court as a result. I want the fee I paid back; he refuses. Where do I go to complain about a lawyers incompetence in Illinois.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Regarding his incompetence? No, not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question! I am working on your answer. This service is for information only. I cannot give you legal advice. Please stand by!

Expert:  originallawyer replied 10 months ago.


The Illinois State Bar is where you would make your complaint. You can visit this website: as a starting place. The State Bar handles all lawyer/client disputes and grievance issues.