How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19470
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My adult child has filed a restraining order against me, but

Customer Question

My adult child has filed a restraining order against me, but she continues to visit my house during the day while I am at work. What can I do?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Contact the Police and file complaint against her and ask the Police to explain to her that she cannot come to your house with the Restraining Order active against you.

On your next scheduled hearing in the case, you need to ask the Court to vactaa the Restraining Order because she has been coming to your house while the Restraining Order is active. So, she is not afraid of you and you have not done anything that would make her afraid of you.