Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am filing for divorce. My husband is in the Army, but is

Customer Question
separating in 2 weeks. Do...
I am filing for divorce. My husband is in the Army, but is separating in 2 weeks. Do I put his income as it is today on the form or what it will be in 2 weeks when he is unemployed? There are no alimony or child support issues and this is a no contest divorce.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
11/10/2016
Family Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

You can do either, but explain what you are doing. I would probably enter it as it is now. Then he will probably respond that his income has changed. You will have to come to an agreement of what he is capable of earning since separating. This is the type of situation where you need your forms customized a bit to fit your situation, so see if there is a place on the form where can add an explanation.

Hi. Can you please let me know if I answered your question? If so, would you please provide a positive rating? I really appreciate positive feedback. Thanks.

AttyHeather
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer