How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am filing for divorce. My husband is in the Army, but is

Customer Question

I am filing for divorce. My husband is in the Army, but is separating in 2 weeks. Do I put his income as it is today on the form or what it will be in 2 weeks when he is unemployed? There are no alimony or child support issues and this is a no contest divorce.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 8 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 8 months ago.

You can do either, but explain what you are doing. I would probably enter it as it is now. Then he will probably respond that his income has changed. You will have to come to an agreement of what he is capable of earning since separating. This is the type of situation where you need your forms customized a bit to fit your situation, so see if there is a place on the form where can add an explanation.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Can you please let me know if I answered your question? If so, would you please provide a positive rating? I really appreciate positive feedback. Thanks.

Related Family Law Questions