Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I've became a parent for my grandkids 2 mths ago. No they

Customer Question

I've became a foster parent for my grandkids 2 mths ago. No they are saying they made a mistake and are coming to get them today. What can I do to stop them
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. What you will need to do is obtain an emergency custody order in order to prevent the grandchildren from being removed from your care. Because of the seriousness of this situation, you should immediately find a family law attorney who can help you with this situation. It is unclear who is coming to get your children, and it very well may be that they do not have the authority to do so. Only a family law attorney near you can help you in this situation.

If you are going to handle on your own, here is a guide with the forms that you would need to file; however, it would be a mistake to handle this situation on your own without the help of an experienced attorney: http://www.courts.ca.gov/partners/documents/NeedEmergencyCustVisOrder.pdf